Car Audio, Video, Security, Safety, and Lighting
Home ................||.......................Need to Know.....................||...........................About

What do you want installed?

Radio/ Navigation head unit

GPS, Radar Detector, Dash Camera, or Satellite radio stand alone unit

Keyless Entry, Alarm, or Remote Start Security System

Bluetooth, Auxiliary, Android, or iPod integration

Sub woofers, Speakers, or Amplifiers

Headrest monitors or Back up camera

HID headlights or fog lights

Interior or Under Glow Lighting

What You Need To Know.

Your year make and model of your vehicle.
What factory equipment your vehicle already has.
If your vehicle is equip with a factory amp or is the premium version.
What you want installed.
What you need for the installation.
If you do not know find out before you order the wrong part.

If you’re getting a head unit (new radio).
You will need a wire harness and dash kit and maybe an antenna adapter.
No it does not come with this.

How to pick out your wire harness.
Do you have a factory amp or not, do you have the premium version (JBL, Bose, etc.) or base model.

How to pick out your dash kit.
There are two options: A double din radio or single din radio. Know what size your factory radio is to determine what fits.

What is a single din radio and a double din radio?
The US standard for a DIN radio is 2" x 7" (although the actual 180 mm width converts to something like 7-3/32" so most people use 7-1/8" to allow for clearance) and the Double DIN sized radio is a 4" x 7".

If you have steering wheel controls.
Your radio you will lose that function unless you get a steering wheel control module to interface with your new radio. (Part sold separately, never comes with the radio.)

If you want HID head lights or Fog lights.
Know what your factory bulbs are i.e. 9006, H4, etc. (low beams only)
You can find out at any AutoZone store or Google for free.
Know what temperature (color) you want pure white is 6k and a little hint of blue is 8k. If you want fog lights and your vehicle does not have them already I will need to cut a hole in your front bumper to make a custom fit for your fog light.

If you want speakers.
Know what your factory speaker sizes are and if they are amplified.

If you want sub woofers.
Know that you will also need a amp to power this. It is important to match the RMS watts of the subs to the RMS watts of the amp.
You will also need an amp (wire) kit to connect everything.
If you have a factory head unit (radio) you will also need a Line Output Converter (LOC), unless you have a aftermarket radio/ head unit. You will need to let me know where you would like your amp mounted as well, I will also tell you recommended locations I feel it should be mounted.

How do I know which type of amp to get?
If you are just hooking up a subwoofer you will only want to get a mono amp.
Dual subwoofers mono or 2 channel amp.
If you want to amplify your car speakers you will want a 4-channel amp.
If you want to amplify your speakers and subwoofers you want a 5-channel amp.
If your getting a 4 or 5 channel amp know the watts and how they are divided up between the channels you also want to know how many ohms your speakers are because you need to match those as well or your speakers will not work.
(One channel per speaker)

What comes in an amp kit?
2 Heavy and long 8 or 4 gauge wires, 2 speaker wires, 1 set of RCA wires, 1 remote turn on wire, a fuse holder and a fuse, ring terminals and zip ties.

If you want a hard wired GPS, Radar Detector, Dash Camera, or Satellite Radio stand alone unit.
You must get the adapter piece that connects to the power piece that plugs into the cigarette lighter port. You also need to give me 2 locations where you want your device located.

If you’re getting a Headrest Monitor or Back Up Camera
You will need a double din Head unit or stand alone screen to view the back up camera. As for the head rest monitor, you can have a double din radio but if you don't in order for it to work you will need headphones for it and it will need to be able to play dvd's as well.

If you want a Keyless Entry, Car Alarm, or Remote Start Security System.
You will be able to disgard your factory key fob because the system provides a new one. YOU SHOULD NOT CONTINUE TO USE YOUR FACTORY KEY FOB WITH AFTERMARKET SYSTEM. If you are getting a remote start security system you may need a bypass and both factory keys for the system to be programmed correctly.

What is a bypass?
A bypass is a module that works with the remote start system that works with your factory security system by allowing your car to start and function properly while not thinking someone is trying to steal it and take off. Some factory security system with out a bypass will not allow the vehicle to start and override the OEM (Original Equipment Manufatured) security system.

If you want Bluetooth, Auxiliary, Android, or iPod integration.
You may need an antenna adapter and or an FM modulator. You will need to pick 2 locations where you want the device and wires located.

If you want interior or under glow lighting.
You need to pick 2 locations to mount the toggle switch in your car so you will be able to turn on and off your lights. You will also get a key fob that will also control the lights.

Have your parts ready for the installation, if you don’t know what you need call me and I will help you out.